Terms & Conditions
Each Guardian Club Member is bound by the following conditions of use. PP is used to mean Plus Points which runs the Guardian Club program on behalf of Guardian Pharmacies.
- You can use your Guardian ClubCard immediately and your use of the card will amount to acceptance of these conditions.
- Your Guardian Club Account is only activated on receipt of a completed and signed Application Form. Your application is subject to acceptance by Plus Points Pty Ltd ACN 101 890 537 (PPPL).
- If you do not wish to accept these conditions, please return the Guardian Club Card to PPPL.
- A family or other group may nominate a Primary Account to accumulate Guardian Club Points earned by each nominated Supplementary Card. Each Supplementary Card Application must complete and sign a separate Application Form.
- Supplementary Cardholders cannot redeem Guardian Club Points accumulated in a Primary Account and Guardian Club Points are not transferable.
- On presentation of your Guardian Club Card, you will automatically earn Guardian Club Points with every qualifying purchase made at any Guardian Pharmacy. You will not earn Guardian Club Points for purchases of prescriptions from any participating pharmacy.
- The Guardian Club Points will be allocated to your Guardian Club Account 7 days after your purchase.
- You can check your available Guardian Club Balance and other details by telephoning 1300 657 567 or by visiting www.guardianclub.com.au. You will be required to provide your card number and personal details to access the customer service centre.
- You must have a minimum of 250 Guardian Club Points in your Guardian Club Account to redeem your Guardian Club Reward and you may only redeem your Guardian Club Reward in multiples of 250 points ($5.00).
- Points cannot be earned on redemption value.
- Members will earn points (each a “Point”) on all purchases they make at any participating Guardian pharmacy other than purchases of prescription items and products or services for which the member is already entitled to receive a discount other than by reason of the Guardian Club program. Points can only be added to a card at the time and place of purchase.
- To redeem your Guardian Club Reward, present your Guardian Club Card and any further identification requested when you make your purchase at any Guardian Club participating pharmacy. You will be required to sign a receipt for your redemption.
- Guardian Club Points may be redeemed for any purchase at participating pharmacies but may be subject to restrictions set by the participating pharmacy from time to time. You should check any restrictions that may be in place before redeeming your Guardian Club Points at a participating pharmacy. No change will be given for purchases valued at less than the face value of the Guardian Club Reward you are redeeming, you will be required to pay the difference in value.
- Guardian Club Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If you obtain a refund for any goods or services purchased using your Guardian Club Card, any Guardian Club Points you earned for that purchase will be deducted from your Guardian Club Account.
- If you obtain a refund for any goods or services purchased using your Guardian Club Reward in partial or full payment, you will receive a Credit Voucher to the value of the Guardian Club Reward you redeemed.
- If you use your Guardian Club Card, you will receive regular Guardian Club communications showing the program_name# Points accumulated to that date.
- If your account is in-active for over 12 months at any time your points will be forfeited. PPPL reserves the right to modify the Guardian Club Program at any time without prior notification.
- Membership in the Guardian Club Program will be cancelled immediately and all accumulated Guardian Club Points will be forfeited if a Guardian Club Member is caught shop-lifting or defrauding the Guardian Club Program or any participating pharmacy in any way.
- If PPPL decide to close the Guardian Club Program, PPPL will give you 3 months notice of the close down by advertising in the public notice columns in the major daily newspapers. If you do not redeem your available Guardian Club Rewards within that period they will expire.
- Information concerning Members, including information contained in this application form and information to earning Points, credits and debits will be held in a database for Guardian and will be made available to any participating Guardian pharmacy involved in administering the Guardian Club, a telephone service centre, producers of Cards and data processors for Guardian Club. Members consent to information from that database also being made available to and used by Guardian and any participating Guardian Pharmacy for marketing, planning, product development, research and other purposes relating to the Guardian Club.
1. Members' rights
Plus Points Pty Ltd (PPPL) as manager of the Guardian Club program (Program) respects and upholds the rights of members to privacy protection. The provisions of this Policy are evidence of PPPL's commitment to that protection. This Policy applies to all personal information held by PPPL.
PPPL will comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
2. Information collection
2.1 PPPL will, at all times, collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner directly from the member and their transactions. Information is collected to administer the Program, ensure member entitlements are accurately recorded and up-dated, develop and communicate relevant offers and events, and accurately identify members (so as to protect against unauthorised users).
2.2 The Guardian Club database comprises the following personal member information:
- name, address & telephone number(s)
- email address
- names of additional cardholders
- date of birth
- recruiting store
- areas of interest
- transaction details associated with the collection of Plus Points
- points collected and awards provided.
Members' signatures/authorities are also collected.
2.3 PPPL may use this information to send you from time to time various Program and marketing communications. If the information is used for direct marketing purposes, you will have the option of not receiving further communications of this nature.
3. Information - purpose & usage
Personal information will be used and disclosed by PPPL:
a) for the purposes set out in 2.1 above
b) when PPPL is required by law to disclose personal member information; or
c) when the person to whom the information relates specifically consents in writing to the use or disclosure.
Personal Information will only be disclosed to, participating retailers and contractors who have undertaken to maintain the privacy of the personal information disclosed to them and to only use it for the purposes for which it is disclosed.
3.1 On termination of membership, personal information in relation to a member will be destroyed.
4. Members' right to opt out
From time to time, promotional offers and special events will be communicated to members other than through Points Balance mailings. Members have the right to opt out of these additional communications and can do so by requesting this in writing at the addresses set out in section 6.2.
5. Security safeguards
5.1 PPPL undertakes to take reasonable steps necessary to ensure that member information is secure from any unauthorised access or disclosure.
6.1 This Policy will be made available at or prior to application for membership or otherwise on request.
6.2 Members may request access to,or update or correction of their personal member information held by PPPL. Requests may be made in writing to the Plus Points Service Centre, Locked Bag 146, Balmain, Nsw, 2041; by phone on 1300 657 567
; or on the internet at www.pluspoints.com.au. A fee for reasonable costs incurred may be charged in responding to these requests, such fee being made known to the member before it is incurred.